At LifeStance Health, we strive to help individuals, families, and communities with their mental health needs. Everywhere. Every day. It’s a lofty goal; we know. But we make it happen with the best team in mental healthcare.
Thank you for taking the time to explore a career with us. As the fastest growing mental health practice group in the country, now is the perfect time to join our corporate team!
The Medical Records Coordinator processes medical records requests and ensures that they are delivered in a proper, professional manner on behalf of the clinician and the organization. This position also serves as a medical services specialist and is responsible for all assigned tasks.
Schedule: Monday through Friday, 8:30AM until 5:00PM.
· Responsible for managing and responding to all legal and subpoena medical records requests
· Responsible for managing and responding to medical records requests from clinicians
· Maintains and manages information and correspondence related to the request
· Compiles and processes the patient records directly from the EMR system
· Ensures that records are delivered in a timely manner and that payment is processed appropriately
· Serves as a medical services specialist and is responsible for this position’s assigned tasks and responsibilities
· Other tasks as assigned by management
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
· Bachelor’s degree
· Medical Administrative Assistant certificate
· 2+ years of experience in a medical office setting
· Previous experience working within an electronic medical/health record; AdvancedMD experience is preferred
· Understanding of medical terminology
· Child and family services medical records requests
· Social security requests
· Guardian ad litem
· Divorce cases, accidents, etc
· Ability to work independently and as a team member
· Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
· Strong organizational and follow through skills and attention to detail
· Demonstrates awareness, inclusivity, sensitivity, humility, and experience in working with individuals from diverse ethnic backgrounds, socioeconomic statuses, sexual orientations, gender identities, and other various aspects of culture.