At LifeStance Health, we strive to help individuals, families, and communities with their behavioral health needs. Everywhere. Every day. It’s a lofty goal; we know. But we make it happen with the best team in behavioral health.
Thank you for taking the time to explore a career with us. As the fastest growing behavioral health practice group in the country, now is the perfect time to join our corporate team!
LifeStance is a national provider of behavioral healthcare services with operations across the country. We are focused on providing evidence-based, medically driven care for children, adolescents, and adults suffering from a variety of mental health issues in an outpatient care setting, both in-person and through its digital health telemedicine offering.
At LifeStance, patient care is paramount – the driving force in everything we do. LifeStance is committed to state-of-the-art clinical excellence, to partnership and collaboration with other treating health care providers to ensure continuity of care, to the utilization of data to individually tailor services for continual improvement in outcomes, and to empowering patients to make informed choices and help them achieve their goals. This is offered in a compassionate and safe environment that provides education, support, and best practices in integrated care.
As part of this approach, LifeStance seeks to identify and recruit up-and-coming talent who are eager to join a growth-stage company and work closely with an experienced team dedicated to providing the highest quality of care and compassion to individuals with mental health issues.
The Intake Coordinator is responsible for assisting new patients or existing patients for new providers with initial assessment scheduling. Intake coordinators collect the necessary demographic information, insurance information, and clinical history to properly triage a patient to the most appropriate provider.
Ideal candidates should be able to quickly learn and adapt to intake department environment scheduling techniques in order to best assist patient needs. They will be able to take initiative and have a positive outlook on any challenge that may be presented and resolve accordingly.
- Answer all incoming calls on the new patient line
- Obtain pertinent clinical information, insurance information and demographic information
- Screen any inquiry calls to schedule potential new patients
- Assess patient needs to match patient to an appropriate provider
- Assist caller/patient with any questions regarding new patient appointments or referrals
- Manage and process all interoffice referrals
- Pull and return any voicemails that accrue on the new patient line
- Process any faxed referrals
- Communicate regularly with key referral sources to ensure proper placement
- Assist with incoming emergency calls as appropriate
- Other tasks as assigned by management
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or equivalent required; Bachelor’s degree in business administration, science, or management preferred
- 2+ years of experience in a call center environment; previous experience in healthcare is preferred
- Prior customer service experience in medical or mental health practices preferred
- Ability to provide excellent customer service over the phone
- Excellent interpersonal skills and professional manner
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to schedule appointments depending on the patient needs
- Must be well organized and attentive to details
- Must be able to multi-task and prioritize work in a fast-paced work environment
- Must have strong computer proficiency with knowledge of Microsoft Office, Internet, and Email
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States
- LifeStance is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status
- Demonstrates awareness, inclusivity, sensitivity, humility, and experience in working with individuals from diverse ethnic backgrounds, socioeconomic statuses, sexual orientations, gender identities, and other various aspects of culture