At LifeStance Health, we strive to help individuals, families, and communities with their mental health needs. Everywhere. Every day. It’s a lofty goal; we know. But we make it happen with the best team in mental healthcare.
Thank you for taking the time to explore a career with us. As the fastest growing mental health practice group in the country, now is the perfect time to join our corporate team!
About the LifeStance Health Digital Team
As advocates of human-centered experiences enabled by tech, the Digital Team designs and builds end-to-end digital experiences–prioritizing user needs, while leveraging modern, forward-thinking technology–to meaningfully impact the lives of our patients, clinicians, and administrative staff.
We are driven to create seamless interactions, no matter how a patient engages with LifeStance, whether that be in-person or virtually, during a visit or in between. To do this well, The Digital Team is made up of Engineering, Product Design, Design Research, Product, Implementation, IT, Customer Care, Strategy and Operations professionals with the shared goal of creating a best-in-class experience with leading edge technology across all channels.
How We Work:
We find a better way. We’re an agile, nimble team who iteratively improves our work and ourselves.
We have a bias for action. We are empowered, resourceful, and accountable for our success.
We assume positive intent. We know the team is greater than the individual.
We are united under one goal. We build for and with the people we serve.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we work based on objectives, rather than pre-defined schedules.
This is a unique opportunity to join a newly created team that will build innovative solutions for our patients and clinicians. We are looking for an out-of-the box principal engineer to design, architect, and build these innovative solutions. The individual will work collaboratively with QA, Product, and the Design team to build integrated solutions with other technology platforms as well as our own platform. This person builds with analytics and scalability in a dev-ops centric culture.
· Design and develop high-volume, low-latency applications for mission-critical systems, delivering high-availability and performance
· Create and refine best practices, coding standards, and documentation, and take the opportunity to share knowledge across the team
· Research new technologies or methodologies that can improve the architecture, user experience, or development process
· Specify technical solutions in clear and concise written documentation
· Provide technical leadership, ensuring engineers understand our strategy and vision
· Translate product requirements and technical designs into well-engineered, low-defect, robust code
· Regularly collaborate with other developers, QA, product owners, and designers to complete projects
· Participate and engage in all Scrum Ceremonies
· Develop high-quality, working code features and bug fixes
· Participate in/lead regular code reviews, often in a mentorship role with other engineers to maintain high development standards
· Write automated tests, including comprehensive unit and integration tests
· Collaborate with team members on key architecture decisions
· Interface with team members to troubleshoot, debug, and fix issues in production and non-production environments
· Engage and mentor other members on the team
· Lead projects end-to-end as an individual contributor
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
· 10+ years of experience Rails
· 5+ years of experience with MySQL/SQL
· 2+ years of experience with React/jQuery
· Experience with HTML/CSS, RSpec, CI/CD
· Experience with HL7s
· Experience working in an Agile environment following SDLC
· Cloud Experience: AWS, Google
· Scaling and Deployment Frameworks: Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform, VMs
· Deep understanding of API design and best practices
· Designed, architected, and implemented a large scale highly available systems from the ground up
· Ability to lead projects across stacks and blended teams
· Ability to collaborate with executive and leadership teams
· Must be data driven, objective, and goal oriented
· Effectively communicate and understand project requirements
· Strong understanding of system performance and scaling
· Strong sense of ownership and ability to work cross functionally
· Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States
· LifeStance is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status
· Demonstrates awareness, inclusivity, sensitivity, humility, and experience in working with individuals from diverse ethnic backgrounds, socioeconomic statuses, sexual orientations, gender identities, and other various aspects of culture