LifeStance Health is a private equity-backed, behavioral health company focused on providing medically driven, evidenced-based treatment services for adolescents and adults suffering from mental health issues in a variety of settings. LifeStance is backed by TPG Capital and is pursuing an aggressive acquisition and de novo growth strategy to drive expansion.
LifeStance is led by successful healthcare entrepreneurs, who among other things, started and scaled Accelecare Wound Centers, one of the nation’s largest providers of outpatient wound care services. Under their leadership and with the support of two leading private equity firms, LifeStance is acquiring and developing successful behavioral health practices across the United States and, in doing so, working to provide the best mental health care available.
As part of this strategy, LifeStance seeks to identify and recruit ‘up-and-coming’ talent eager to join a growth stage company to work closely with an experienced team dedicated to providing the highest quality of care and compassion to individuals with mental health issues.
The Medical AR Collections Specialist is charged with the accounts receivable work related to services provided by LifeStance Health and associated clinical practices. The Specialist will work collaboratively with patients, insurance companies, and office team members to ensure that billing practices are complete and accurate. The ideal candidate will be someone who has a strong desire to work individually while meeting the needs of a national organization. An important key requirement is the self-accountability to drive success in a virtual team environment. This position is a remote role with the ability to sit within any US locality.
- Communicate with insurance company representatives in seeking proper compensation on medical claims, including phone communication, appeals, and other correspondence
- Ensure that all transactions for the given month are completed in a timely manner and that completion is effectively communicated
- Utilize AR software for adjustment and analysis purposes
- Reconcile processed payments to ensure accuracy
- Address and resolves account credit balances
- Prepare aging analysis and reconciliations of AR as needed
- Assist with month-end processes
- Monitor AR to identify billing errors, coding errors, and timely rebilling
- Follow-up on past due accounts with patient/payers, utilizing appeals processing as appropriate
- Prepare accounts to be sent to collection agency
- Maintain current information on correct and lawful practices for billing payers
- Follow established policies and procedures to safeguard collection computer systems
- Work with Billers to ensure accuracy of claims
- Support leadership with daily, weekly monthly reporting needs as required
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required; Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 4+ years of medical facility collections experience.
- Strong understanding of major health insurance carriers (in and out-of-network)
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Detail-oriented with ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced environment
- Superior communication (reading/written/verbal) and organizational skills
- Demonstrated professionalism in dealing with confidential and sensitive patient information
- Comfortable discussing financial obligations, and working with standard office software
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States
- LifeStance is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
- Demonstrates awareness, inclusivity, sensitivity, humility, and experience in working with individuals from diverse ethnic backgrounds, socioeconomic statuses, sexual orientations, gender identities, and other various aspects of culture.